- You are a permanent resident in one of the European Union countries;
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level;
- You have been running a company for several years;
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
As a host entrepreneur participating in the programme, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
Work with an energetic and motivated new entrepreneur who can contribute to your business with innovative views, new skills and knowledge;
Benefit from a "fresh eye" on your business, and specialised knowledge that the new entrepreneur may have and that you do not master;
Act as a coach or mentor;
Learn about foreign markets, expand your business opportunities and engage in cross-border activities;
Interact with entrepreneurs from other EU countries and get opportunities to collaborate with them;
Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
Improve your language skills;
The large majority of most entrepreneurs enjoyed the experience so much that they decided to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards!
Discover the benefits experienced by the host entrepreneurs in the Erasmus success stories.
As a participant host entrepreneur in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme, you will be expected to fulfil the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You must ensure the high quality of the learning experience and overall working relationship with your new entrepreneur, who must gain insight to help ensure a viable business start up;
- You are asked to sign a “Commitment to Quality” document, which ensures the smooth working relationship with the new entrepreneur. Among others, it sets out the objectives of the stay and a proposed plan of activities during the stay;
- You will also be asked to fill a feedback form after the exchange.
In order to apply to the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme, please subscribe online by completing the following steps:
1. Enter your e-mail address in the form below.
2. Click the Register button.
3. Complete the form which appears after clicking the Register button.
4. Follow the instructions that you will receive by e-mail to confirm your registration.
The registration tool does not work with all available browsers. Please apply with Internet Explorer (IE6), IE7, IE8 or Firefox on Windows machines. If you are using Windows 7, please use Firefox as it is temporarily not working with IE8.
To view the questionnaire before registering, please click here.
For more information regarding the registration process, please dowload our simple step-by-step Registration Guide for host entrepreneurs.